The 2022 clubroot monitoring program includes on-farm testing, regional reporting of clubroot by producers and agrologists and clubroot-specific and other disease surveys. The results will be used to update the Saskatchewan Clubroot Distribution Map.
Clubroot is a declared pest under The Pest Control Act. This allows appointed Pest Control Officers to enter any private land, other than a dwelling-house, to survey for clubroot and collect plant and soil samples.
Help monitor for clubroot in the province by testing the soil on your farm this fall. The Ministry of Agriculture and SaskCanola are offering clubroot soil testing to Saskatchewan producers. SaskCanola will be covering the costs of tests.
There are many ways you can sign up to receive a soil test kit:
- Follow the QR code at right;
- Call SaskCanola at 306-975-0262;
- Contact your local Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities Plant Health Officer or RM office;
- Visit a Ministry of Agriculture regional office; or
- Call the Agriculture Knowledge Centre at 1- 866-457-2377.
Visit us online or call the Agriculture Knowledge Centre to learn more about clubroot and what you can do to help prevent its spread.