RM 2021 Newsletter

Monday to Friday 9am to 4:30pm,
No Statutory Holidays

New Website

We are proud to announce our new website and appreciate all your patience while it was under construction.

Online Banking Available


Pay your Taxes online with CIBC or Central 1 Credit Unions

Ways to Pay your Taxes
  1. Cash, Cheque, Debit or Credit, Or Money Order
  2. Mail a Cheque or Money Order to the RM Office
  3. Online with CIBC or Credit Union
  4. In Person at a CIBC Branch

Loon Lake Transfer Site New Hours

Summer Hours

  • April 1st to September 14th
    • Sundays 2pm – 4pm
    • Wednesdays 9am – 4pm
    • Thursdays 9am – 4pm

Winter Hours

  • September 15th to March 31st
    • Sundays 2pm-4pm
    • Wednesdays 9am – 4pm

Bylaw Officer

We are excited to announce that a Bylaw Office has been hired for the RM of Loon Lake.

Burning Permits

Smoky The Bear 1

If you are planning on doing any kind of Controlled Burn, i.e. brush piles, you are required to obtain a Burning Permit.

You can do this in 1 of 2 ways:

  1. Calling the RM office at 306-837-2076
  2. Coming into the RM office and filling out a form

There is valuable information on how to burn safely as well as Liability information on the form, as to which the Landowner of the burn is responsible for.


Please Note: NO Burning Permits will be issued during a Fire Ban

Building Permits

For any demolishing, renovations or building of any kind, a permit will be required.

Examples of work that REQUIRES a permit: (but not limited to)

Under Construction
  • Any change in the structural components of a building, such as a bearing wall, an exterior wall, joists, beams and trusses.
  • Windows and doors that are altering the size of the opening
  • Bedroom windows (whether size is altered or not) to make sure they meet current egress requirements.

Examples NOT needing a permit: (but not limited to)

  • Flooring,
  • Cupboards
  • Normal maintenance of a building, Shingles or Eave troughing
  • Doors and windows (excluding bedroom windows) if size is not being altered

Tips Grant

We are excited to be able to participate in the TIPS Grant again for the 2022 year.

If you are a part of a non-profit organization and that you feel you may benefit from this service please contact the RM office for an application and eligibility requirements.

A completed application must be delivered to the RM office no later than 4:30pm on March 15, 2022

Issues With ATV Activty


We would like to remind everyone that ATV’s are not permitted on any RM road or any of the roads within the subdivisions. The Bylaw Officer will be monitoring this activity. Tickets may be issued. As well, Helmets are required by law to be worn while driving ATVs.

2020 Annual Audited Financial Statement

Now Available on the RM website as well as at the RM Office.

Please call the RM Office Should You Have Any Questions 306-837-2076