The RM of Loon Lake No. 561 is looking for an experienced Heavy Equipment Operator -Full Time-Seasonal (April-October)
The responsibilities for the position of Heavy Equipment Operator are as follows;
- Operate and maintain equipment as per the equipment manuals or as directed.
- Maintain, construct, apply dust control to, and perform snow removal for municipal roads as directed.
- Maintain a daily log of work performed in the manner prescribed by administration.
- Ensure that safety regulations are adhered to both while working on roads and in the shop.
- Perform work assigned which may include but is not limited to: mowing, fencing, rock picking, shop and yard maintenance, traffic sign placement and repair, replacing, cleaning and repairing culverts.
- Must be willing to accommodate an extended work day and work in all weather conditions.
- Must possess a reasonable degree of knowledge and competence in the operation of R.M. equipment
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Class 1 driver’s license would be an asset
- Be capable of accepting instruction and working with minimum supervision
- Must be willing to communicate with supervisor and/or fellow employees in a respectful manner.
- Must have a criminal record check.
The RM offers competitive wages, benefits package, and a pension plan. Please submit your resume to:
RM of Loon Lake No. 561
Loon Lake, SK S0M 1A0
Position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found. Thank you to all interested applicants; however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Great opportunity close to home!